The Caribbean is one of the best places to visit. The pristine white beaches, the friendly people, the mouth-watering cuisines and the luxurious Caribbean villa rentals are just some of the reasons why many tourists visit this wonderful island-region. Many come to the Caribbean to relax, get a good tan and simply leave the stress of the city behind.
The Caribbeans breath-taking views draw thousands of tourists each year. If you are looking to visit this tropical paradise, you will want to get the best deals on villa rentals. Here are some great tips you should know before you book that trip:
1. Book online This is probably a no-brainer but there are so many online deals on Caribbean villa rentals. They are often cheaper than if you just walk in to book your rental when you arrive at your destination. Prior to your trip, make sure to look for the best deal for the villa that you want to book. Look at popular booking sites and compare the prices that they offer.
2. Choose the right time to book Villas go fast. Plan ahead if you want to get the best accommodations. For instance, if you want to get a villa of a certain size to fit your entire family, it is best to scout for them long before you book your flight. Check if you can pencil book or reserve months in advance and whether or not you must place a deposit. Many villas have online sites that will show you how big or how small the place is. Scout these out early and as soon as you book that flight, book that villa right away!
3. Choose the right season to travel Though the Caribbean is all sunshine and very little rain, there are certain times in the year that are considered off-peak seasons. These off-peak seasons typically run from Mid-December up to March. Book your Caribbean travel during these periods and you can just score a great place for your vacation.
4. Dont be afraid to ask Ask the manager or the booking assistant if its possible to get a discount on your favourite villas. This is especially important during the off-season when there arent that many guests. Some villa owners would gladly give you freebies and the best villas just because you asked nicely.
5. Ask the locals Dont believe all the travel sites that you see on the internet. If you find yourself just jet-setting off to the Caribbean with no plans whatsoever, the best thing to do is to ask the locals. They know the islands very well and would gladly point you to the best accommodations because they want your stay to be memorable. Let them know what kind of accommodation you are looking for so they can give you a good idea where you need to go.
Talking to the locals will also give you an idea of where to dine and where to go explore. Eating like the locals can score you great deals and give you further understanding of the culture of the people living in the Caribbean. You also get to sample cuisines and dishes that are uniquely Caribbean. If you want to experience what its really like in the Caribbean, going where the locals go is the best thing to do.
6. Stay where the action is Find Caribbean villas near the locations you want to visit to save on transportation costs. Some of them might seem expensive at first because they are near all the right places. However, if you add the transportation costs and the time you spend travelling, the cost can be lesser than if you rent a cheaper place thats far from the places you plan to visit.
Villas near the places you want to see are more convenient and will help you reach your destinations easier and faster. After a day of sight-seeing and shopping, for example, a villa far from your current location means you have to carry all your heavy bags while you travel, whereas a nearby villa will allow you to drop off your things and continue your activities without hassle.
A villa thats near everything also means you are near places where you can buy food in an instant. If youre hungry, you can just go out and get some grub. You dont have to wait for transportation or go far just to get food. Nearby restaurants and 24-hour places can save you from going hungry late at night or early in the morning.
7. Find the right villa that will fit your needs With thousands of villas for rent to choose from in the Caribbean islands, it can be a very daunting task to pick just one. The best way to do it is to find out what youre going to need while you are there. Will you need wheelchair access, a place where you can cook all your meals or a space big enough to accommodate your large brood? Think of all these things and not just how pretty or how picturesque the villa is. Make sure that the place you are renting will meet all your requirements before booking it.
Knowing whats included will also help you find out what you can and cannot do at the place you have rented. If cooking meals are allowed, then you can save a lot of money instead of spending it in restaurants.
8. Keep a budget While it is tempting to stay at the best places that money can buy, these are also some of the most expensive. Before booking a rental, make sure to create a budget and stick to it. This way you wont have a problem with your bills later on.
The best places to rent in the Caribbean will depend on the places you want to see and things you want to do. CaribbeanIslandHopping, an independent site that guides you to the best islands based on mood, is a good place to start. It lets you choose your moods – such as romantic, active or gourmet – and suggests islands that match. It also provides a review for each island. Barbados, for example, is a gourmet paradise for the romantic and rates high for families and adventure holidays.
Consider these two factors as well as the right time to book and youll get the best deals on your villas and any accommodation. Do your research and book ahead of time so you can choose the right place for you and your family to stay in. Enjoy your vacation!